The Society's monographs are listed below with details of the two most recent examples:
12. Selborne Priory: Excavations 1953–1971 by David Baker and contributors
Professor Sir Barry Cunliffe writes “ … a fine example of an Augustinian
religious establishment that also plays a revealing part in the archaeological history of the county, excavated between 1953 and 1969 by a band of enthusiastic local amateurs led by the much-loved Rev George Knapp. Selborne Priory can now take its place in archaeological literature as a monument to all those, amateur and professional, who have worked to bring it to life.”
Copies are available by post; please download the form.
11. Sparsholt Roman Villa Hampshire: Excavations by David E Johnston by David E Johnston and Jonathan Dicks (2014)
Copies are available by post; please download the form. People who dug at Sparsholt are eligible for a discount; anyone in this category should email Dr Ian Sims or should write to him at: 8 The Wayback, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 2AX, United Kingdom, saying when they dug.
David Johnston's excavation of Sparsholt villa has been described by Prof. Martin Biddle as "one of the last triumphs of the age of the local volunteer…" The report of the eight seasons of archaeology from 1965 is now available as the latest Hampshire Field Club Monograph.
All other Monographs are now £3 to members and £5 to non-members except
numbers 11 & 12 which are £5 to members and £10 to non-members.
N.B. Monographs 2 - 5 are all out of stock.
- The Archaeology of Hampshire
S J Shennan and R T Schadla-Hall (eds) (1980)
- The Prehistoric Settlement at Winnall Down, Winchester (OUT OF PRINT)
P J Fasham (1985)
- Excavations on the Romano-British Small Town at Neatham, Hampshire
(OUT OF PRINT)
Martin Millett and David Graham (1986)
- An Anglo-Saxon Cemetery at Alton, Hampshire (OUT OF PRINT)
V.I. Evison (1988)
- A Banjo Enclosure in Micheldever Wood, Hampshire (OUT OF PRINT)
P J Fasham (1987)
- The Archaeological Site at Easton Lane, Winchester
P J Fasham, D E Farwell and R J B Whinney (1989)
- Archaeology and the M3,
P J Fasham and R J B Whinney (1991)
- Romsey Abbey, Report on the Excavations, 1973-91 (OUT OF PRINT)
I R Scott (1997)
- Twyford Down, Hampshire:Archaeological Investigations
on the M3 Motorway from Bar End to Compton, 1990-93
K E Walker and D E Farwell (2000)
- Basing House, Hampshire. Excavations 1978-1991
D Allen and S Anderson (1999)
- Sparsholt Roman Villa, Hampshire (Please see above.)
D E Johnston & J Dicks (2014)
- Selborne Priory (Please see above.)
D Baker (2015)
All items in stock are available from the Publications Stockholder, Miss Julia Sandison; see below for contact details.
A pro forma will be issued for all publications requested; this will include additional charges for postage and packaging as well as the cost of the items. Your order will be completed and will be sent on receipt of payment. All items can be posted. Payment must be made in sterling.
Other publications available